Sunday, October 6, 2013

Retreat Reflection

Camp Palmer! It was such a blast. Even if we did eat human steak.

1. What are 3 things you learned at the meeting?
-Well if I could sum up everything from the campfire confessionals, that would be one. I learned so much personal stuff about everybody, and it gave me some insight into how everyone is who they are, and it was really really cool. That was one of my favorite parts.
-Another thing I learned is that we work really well together, and trust is already running through our little group. I was in student council for all 4 years of high school, and even at the end of senior year we didn't trust each other as much as us in FLI do.
-Finally, I learned that heights are scary, but taking your time and getting encouragement from others makes a world of difference. Leaving your comfort zone is hard, but it's a lot easier with the help of friends.

2. What was your favorite part about the retreat? Did you learn anything that surprised you? Did you learn anything about yourself of others in the group that will help you for the rest of the semester?
-I learned a lot of things, both about myself and the others in the group. Because of this, my favorite part was probably the campfire confessionals. I thought a lot about myself and learned some new, personal stuff about everyone that was very defining of characters. But also loved watching everyone find their strengths and their own niches with different activities. I think this will help us a lot in the future, knowing that everyone will have their own important part in everything we do.

3. What do you consider to be your biggest strength? What do you consider to be your biggest area of improvement?
-I like to think that my biggest strength is keeping up everyone's spirits. I love to make people happy, so encouraging people and making jokes when tensions may be high or when someone is feeling down are what I feel is my niche. I believe that speaking my opinion is a weakness of mine though, especially if I disagree with something, because I hate feeling like a bother or that I'm holding someone back.

Camp Palmer WHOO!
Sometimes it takes a weekend of separation from the business of daily life to build relationships and find your common goals. Teamwork!

1 comment:

  1. I agree with your statement about trust. I feel as if we can each other, which is awesome especially since we have not known each other that long. We are able to accomplish so much more when we know and trust our colleagues.

    ReplyDelete