Thursday, September 5, 2013

First Post! August 30th Meeting Reflection

Aw jeez, isn't it my luck that I'm already late with my first assignment in the Falcon Leadership Institute? Well either way, I'm really excited to part of this group, and I hope to get to know everyone here really fast!

1. Name of Cohort Meeting:
Introduction, Team Building, and Schedule

2. What are 3 things you learned at the meeting? Briefly reflect on each.
One thing I learned is that there really aren't that many of us in the group! But I don't think that's a bad thing. It's more intimate this way, and we can get to know each other better than if there were dozens of us.
Another I learned is that we have a retreat later this fall! It's overnight and everything! This is some serious business!
And one last thing I learned was that Alyssa's birthday is this week! Happy Birthday Alyssa! :)

3. Please introduce yourself.
My name is Nick, and I'm pretty pumped for this year! I'm a Spanish education major with a minor in chemistry (yes, I know it's a weird combo), and I live in Founder's Hall as part of the Honors Program and Honors Living Community. Besides FLI I'm involved in University Band and Hall Council. Once Campusfest rolls around, I'll probably end up jumping into some other things as well, such as Spanish Club, one of the education organizations, and maybe even try out for the Quidditch team! I'm super upbeat, and really easy to talk to, and I'm always excited to make new friends, so that's what I'm looking forward to the most. What I'm most afraid of, though, is joining too many things and spreading myself too thin, and letting myself down and letting down those that have expectations of me. So being able to juggle my extra curriculars along with my classes and still retain as high a GPA as possible is my goal for first semester!

4. What is your definition of leadership?
I believe leadership is the ability to make a change or a difference, whether it's something simple like making someone's day better, or something big, like being in charge of a group to lead a campus-wide event. There are many levels of leadership, and not all of them have titles!

5. Include a picture related the cohort meeting.
Some of my roommates and I are running in the hall council election at Founder's. I'm only shooting to be a Resident Representative (or Senator. I've heard it called both.), but still looking forward to getting involved! We want to fix the patio and add more bike racks!

No comments:

Post a Comment